Johns Hopkins welcomes applications from undergraduate international and exchange students interested in taking courses at Johns Hopkins for a semester or academic year as study abroad (non-degree) students. VIS Program students are received through the Office of Study Abroad in the Krieger School.
Visiting International and Exchange Programs
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N. Charles Street
Levering Annex, Suite 04B
Baltimore, MD 21218
- You must be at least eighteen years of age and registered in a degree program at your home university. If you are applying as an Exchange Student, you must be nominated by your home institution.
- Students admitted to the VIS Program may not transfer into an undergraduate degree program at Hopkins.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or the equivalent
- TOEFL Exam with minimum subscores of 26 (Reading), 26 (Listening), 25 (Speaking), and 23 (Writing) on the Internet-Based test (iBT). If you do not meet these language requirements, you may be asked to take preparatory English as a Second Language (ESL) courses in the summer prior to your admission
- A completed online Visiting Student Application 2017 – 2018
- Transcripts of all university study as well as a list of current courses taken prior to enrollment at Johns Hopkins
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty or exchange administrator. Letters should evaluate your academic performance and abilities. Letters of recommendation must have the recommender’s original signature and contact information (email, phone number, and address)
- TOEFL Exam or alternate assessment
- Copy of valid passport information pages
- Completed Statement of Financial Resources
- Bank statement (Verification of Financial Resources)
|Fall or Academic Year Applicants||March 1|
|Spring Applicants||October 15|