Other Approved Study Abroad Programs

The Office of Study Abroad and the Faculty Advisory Committee have vetted universities and specialized programs that offer courses in specific areas or disciplines. Pre-approval of transfer of credits toward major and/or minor requirements must be granted by the Director of Undergraduate Studies of the students’ academic department prior to participation. Grades from the programs will not post on the Hopkins transcript or be included in the Hopkins grade point average.

The programs listed below have offerings for the semester/year and summer unless otherwise noted.

Approved Study Abroad Programs include the following categories:

  • Direct Enrollment in a University Abroad
    • Hopkins students may transfer credit from major colleges and universities throughout the world after consulting with a Study Abroad Advisor. Applications are submitted to the host university’s international student office as visiting, non-degree students or by applying through a third-party provider. Students take regularly scheduled classes with national and international students.
  • Third-Party Provider Programs
    • These specialized programs provide study abroad opportunities for language acquisition, field experience, research opportunities, and disciplinary courses often in less common locations. Third-party providers offer additional support services, including assistance with applications, housing, registration, visas and onsite support.

The following universities in Australia and New Zealand are available for direct enrollment or through one or both of the following study abroad providers:
IES Abroad

The following universities in Ireland and the United Kingdom are available through the study abroad provider IFSA-Butler. Some may also be options for direct enrollment.

  • City University (semester only)
  • King’s College London (summer or semester Health & Society only)
  • London School of Economics & Political Science
  • National University of Ireland, Galway
  • Oxford University
  • Queen Mary, University of London (semester only)
  • SOAS, University of London
  • Trinity College Dublin
  • University College Dublin (semester only)
  • University College London
  • University of East Anglia (semester only)
  • University of Edinburgh (semester only)
  • University of Glasgow (semester only)
  • University of St. Andrews (semester only)
  • University of Sheffield (semester only)

* Johns Hopkins University does not permit undergraduates to study abroad in locations subject to Department of State Travel Warnings.  Students may file an appeal for individual exemption.

More Information on Travel Warning Petitions