While you’re abroad, consider the following to adjust to your new location and ensure a smooth transition back to JHU.
Remember that pertinent information can be found in your Study Abroad Student Manual and in the “Resources While Abroad” section on Blackboard.
Changing Courses While Abroad
Once you have arrived abroad there are occasions when there are variations in the courses you will be taking and the courses you had pre-approved prior to departure.
- In those circumstances, you must email the Director of Undergraduate Studies for your major/minor to obtain pre-approval for courses for major/minor requirements. (New courses for distribution credits are approved by the Office of Study Abroad.)
- Send the Director of Undergraduate Studies a list of the courses you had pre-approved (or a copy of your completed pre-approval form) and a list of courses you will actually be taking.
- Include a description (and syllabus if available) of all the new courses.
- CC the Office of Study Abroad (firstname.lastname@example.org) or one of the Assistant Directors of Study Abroad, Jessica Mervis (email@example.com) or Jenny Quijano Sax (firstname.lastname@example.org) on all email correspondence with the Director of Undergraduate Studies for your major or minor.
- We will print the Director of Undergraduate Studies’ email approval and add it to your records.
Remember to save syllabi, course descriptions and all written work from your courses abroad.